I am an experienced and fully qualified child and young adult psychotherapeutic counsellor (aged 4-25) and am passionate about the mental wellbeing of children and young adults. I am Mum to 2 wonderful children and enjoy hill walking with my dog, travel and eating good food with friends. I work privately in Widcombe, Bath BA2, as well as in a school and a further education setting.
- Level 7 Postgraduate Diploma Counselling Children in Schools (Place2Be, accredited with University of East London)
- Certificate in Therapeutic Mentoring from the Trauma Recovery Centre (TRC)
- Experienced in age range 4-25
- In primary and secondary schools, in a further educational college, an adolescent and young adults’ support organisation, and privately
- One-on-one and group work
- Short and long-term counselling
- Registered Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) (MBACP 375886)
- Enhanced DBS
- Professional Liability Insurance
- Committed to regular supervision and professional development
I can be flexible and tailor therapy according to individual needs but initially I like to meet the parent or carer of each child, and offer a half-price no obligation 45 minute meeting for you to meet me and to discuss any needs you or your child may have. This is also a chance for you to see the counselling room and to understand how I work a little more. At this point if you are happy to proceed we would discuss a suitable weekly time slot for your young person to come for their 50 minute sessions.If your child is 12 years (this can be flexible) or older I think it is beneficial for them to be part of the initial assessment meeting and I offer some time together with you and them, and then some time with them alone. Again, if they would like to go ahead we would discuss an appropriate weekly time slot.
Parental sessions: Sometimes as a parent, having someone who is trained in child mental and emotional well-being – and who is separate from your family and wider support system – who is able to think together with you about any concerns you may have about your child, can prove helpful and enable positive shifts.
18 or Over?
Then of course you don’t need parental consent (although in many cases I’m guessing you’ll need their agreement as they could be the ones paying). We would meet for an initial no-obligation session, terms as stated.
If you would like to enquire further or arrange an initial meeting please text or leave me a message on 07415890426 or email email@example.com and I’ll call or email you back.
My fees:are £45 per 50 minute session (half-price for the initial 45 minute no obligation parental/client consultation). 30 minute parental meetings or phone calls can be scheduled every six weeks for the duration of the sessions where we would review themes, needs and progress (a 50% charge will apply). Additional parental consultations or full sessions will be charged at £45 per 50 minutes. Concessions are available upon discussion.